Tom's B5.5 Wagon

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

PassatTom92
Passat model: b5.5

Tom's B5.5 Wagon

Post by PassatTom92 »

Thought I'd best do a bit of a thread to show my progress so far and my plans for the future,

bought in August 2015 on 152k, its a 2005 b5.5 Highline pd130 currently on 167k a year later and not a single problem B-)

Haven't got many photo's of it when I first bought it, as for the first 6 months it was a work horse and stayed completely standard..

However situations changed and the car enthusiast in me eventually broke free, So I bought a set of Audi RS6 wheels, however there was one problem, a monster truck was created..

Coilovers HAD to be purchased.. obviously, also took the Audi wheels off to get some new rubber on them, so on go the Wellingtons

RS6's back on with 20mm spacers on the back and 5mm shims on the front + wind deflectors fitted

6k Hid's and led Sidelights fitted

Pressed plates, number plate holders and a de-badged grill.

De-wipered the back and took the badges off. Along with splitting the VW badge, taking the plastic backing off, polishing where the badge was, then re-fitting,

Originally I put it back on with double sided tape, but I couldn't hide it so I had to tiger seal it :D

I decided that it was still sat too high, so the threaded collars were removed from the back coilovers and the front brought down more, still haven't needed to mess with the helpers on the front though, which im glad about!

(Standard bum crack in the background photo)

Moving more on the performance side of things, EGR delete fitted, Ebay induction kit fitted (sorrynotsorry) Emptied the cat and cut the standard exhaust system apart to make a straight through side exit (comes out just under the drivers side jacking point at the back, not under the sill though)

No pictures on my phone of it yet but I will get some if people want to see the sweet custom exhaust ;)

Moving more on to recent things,

Cars been re-mapped to 180 with a popcorn limiter and launch control, still feels pretty sluggish though, so I'm pretty sure there's a boost leak somewhere, bottom intercooler hose looks pretty oily so that's where ill start( or the stupid ebay filter ive put on thats probably sucking in hot air constantly B-) )

Much more to come!

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login