B5 Passat PD115

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

GrantB5
B2
Passat model: B5

B5 Passat PD115

Post by GrantB5 »

Thought I would start a thread on here for the car and see what happens along the way.

The car was bought to stick miles on without worrying, but to have some fun with it along the way.

Found a car on ebay and picked it up from Stockport on Saturday at the weekend and made the 230+ mile journey back faultless enough. 89K miles, 1 previous owner, 1.9TDI 5 Speed manual.

Pictures from day of pick up..

Car also hit 90,000 miles today

Few things I want to work on.
- Car comes with a Blaupunkt tape player and cd changer, gonna change this to something a tad more modern, its very dated
- Inside is clean but it needs a freshen up
- Needs new front wipers.
- Headlights need restoring and a change of bulbs.
- O/S/R window is stuck, it moves a few mm and jams. O/S/F sounds like it may start playing up soon too
- Possibly needs a clutch, not sure if it just feels heavy after a long day of driving compared to my 2013 mondeo or not.
- Red screen on speedo goes on and off when it feels. Anyhelp for this will be great.
- Temp guage dropped below 90° a few times, believe thats a coolant sensor or thermostat?
- In urgent need of an armrest. Also a few new interior plastics etc. (Think I'm going to to get a few trims from B5.5)

Few pics from today.

WIll post up some pictures as I go along #:-s
http://www.grantmcdonnell.com - Photography Website - Check the blog.

This topic has 114 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login