£180 Bargain bin B5.5 estate PD130!

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Darknights81
B1
Passat model: B5.5

£180 Bargain bin B5.5 estate PD130!

Post by Darknights81 »

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share my new purchase.

I'm Selling my Vw Bora v6 4motion as I need a diesel for work, so took a look on eBay, gumtree etc and found this!

2003 Passat B5.5 tdi 130 (PD)
221k miles on the clock
Leccy Windows x4 (all work)
Leccy mirrors (again both work)
Heated seats
Old skool mobile phone in car system!
Climatronic (owner claimed doesn't work but does)
FILTHY interior

Basically I called the bloke and arranged a viewing. When I got there had to push the car out of a hedge cause the battery was dead (not a great start!), also it was friggin filthy INSIDE, looked like it had never been cleaned since 2003!

Started her up and sure enough running like a bag of nails on 3 cylinders. Took her for a run up and down his private road and actually drove ok. Had a chat and found out injector on cylinder 1 had been done about 3 years ago, but they didn't do injector loom. Did some digging and found this was a common fault (and not too much to fix), so the next day knocked him down from £300 to £180 and picked her up.

On the way him actually drove really nicely! (Albeit very rough), mate filled me home and said there was no smoke so hoping this should be an easy fix.

Gave her a wash INSIDE and out (never had to wash the inside of a car before!). Prob should have had a tetanus jab before doing the interior! Charged the battery, hoovered and cleaned the inside to make it hygienic!

Before cleaning :-

After a quick clean :-

Also has a bonus Thule twin electric towbar fitted 2 years ago!

Got injector loom on order and should be fitting on sat then take her for fresh MOT.

Fingers crossed!

Thinking wheels and drop then might look a bit like this

This topic has 250 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login