2011 Passat CC

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Joshy514
Passat model: CC

2011 Passat CC

Post by Joshy514 »

Hello, I'm Josh, 25 and from Gloucester. I recently bought a Passat CC as something sensible for a year or so whilst I change jobs. It's a 2011, 170 GT bluemotion in grey. FVWSH - long life at the moment but that'll go to every 10k at 60k. It has a basic GT spec plus heated and cooled perforated full leather.

Tried an S8 20"

I've done a few things to it but I haven't really taken photos. List below as of 24/1/17.

AP coilovers, wound all the way down with no rear cups and it's still on stilts.
LED interior bulb swap.
Chrome exhaust tips.
Phillips Xtreme vision dipped bulbs.
Forge BigKnob to compensate for my little knob.
DTUK tuning box, one of the expensive ones with different maps.
De egged the rear indicator ps with chrome bulbs.
Added eBay mats.
De chromed the front grille and added a gloss black badge.
LED under mirror lights.
LED number plate bulbs.
Pressed plates.

Future plans.

Get some 20's, maybe Bentleys or Speedlines (hopefully next month).
Front splitter.
Paint the brakes.
Change the front discs and pads, drop links and O/S top mount as it's knocking.
Tint the rear lights.
Keep it healthy and smash the M5 and A30 miles onto it. I currently do around 2k a month.

It was originally a DCC car so I replaced the switch block to the left of the gearknob for one without the DCC button to stop the constant flashing. Means I loose the throttle response and steering weight change but I can live with that.

Previous keeper (or so I thought) cars before this were

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE - very nice car but so much money to run and maintain and I had a terrible experience with the dealer so I rejected it.

2009 MK6 Golf GTI, dsg and REVO stage 2. Nice again but was just boring. Was also on AP's and had a full 3" straight pipe with loads of Forge goodies and TTRS front brake setup.

2004 Seat Leon Cupra R - bought standard, went to stage 2 with Badger5 in 2014. Loved that car and I WILL own another one day.

2004 Seat Leon FR tdi - bought standard, ended up as a stage 1 car and at one point had a full R32 leather interior. This is the car I caught the bug off, spent hours under the bonnet of that thing. Still owned by a good friend to this day and going strong.

Non keeper cars in the last 2 years.

1991 Pajero 2.5
2005 Leon FR+ tdi
2000 Bora 2.8 4mo, full R32 interior again and sounded lush.
2001 Kangoo van.
Old MK3 GTI.
2002 Toledo V5 - breaker.
2004 Mk5 tdi - hack for a few months.
2000 Freelander TD4
2003 LCR - snapped rod so was a breaker.

I also have a 1998 328 I drift with but that'll be getting sold in February and a 2008 Yamaha XT660X which is going this weekend. All to put me in a good position to leave tha military and earn some proper $$.

My instagram is joshy514 if anyone wants to see pictures as I have only a few on my iPad. Updates may be slow but wheels should be on the way. Thanks for looking.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login