My rustbucket B4 estate

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jezzasin
still on the production line
Passat model: B4

My rustbucket B4 estate

Post by jezzasin »

Hey guys been on here lurking and getting as much info as possible for my rustbucket estate and thought id just drop this thread now

This is how i got the car in 2015, i used it a couple of times to get to work then left it in my carpark as the starter motor died

Its been unloved for a year nowso decided to rip the starter off and have a look at what was wrong and found the small magnets in the casing were shot.

So after hunting ebay and spending £15 i replaced the magnets but hit a snag when i went to refit it lol, the engine had dropped (which i didnt know would happen) so the car sat a month or 2 longer untill this weekend when i had time to do something

So after lots of swearing banged fingers and unbolting the whole front mount aswell as smashing the fibreglass under tray and plastic sump guard me and my cousin finally got it back on and hey presto with the help of jumper cables it fired into life for the first time in a year.

Next few thing that need doing is replacing the strut top bolts, new brakes all round and rear wheel bearings, and hopefully an mot.

There is couple of niggles i need to look at like my alarm wont stop going off for some reason, the sender float in the tank wont go over red even though there is £30 worth of diesel in the tank and since refitting my battery my airbag light wont go off

Hopefully it all goes to plan and doesnt spend another year just sat doing nothing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login