My Reflex Silver B5.5 1.9 TDI 6SPD

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Tristg01
Passat model: B5.5

My Reflex Silver B5.5 1.9 TDI 6SPD

Post by Tristg01 »

Hey guys

So in November last year I came across a 1.9 TDI B5.5 for sale at a really good price. It was not Going into boost after the cylinder head has been redone

I figured it was a lot of car for the price asked and had the car towed home 2 days later

The car did not want to rev past 2000 rpm. So after checking resetting the timing and replacing the fuel pump, she revs all the way to to 5000 rpm, however the car still does not go into boost

I have changed all the vacuum lines as well as the N75 Valve

The code im getting is a boost deviation code with Elsa

I was involved in a car accident in February and put out of action for a few months so the car repairs were placed on hold. I have now sent the car to a VW techie to diagnose whats going on as my knowledge on turbo diesel motors are very limited. I await his feedback

Anyways, what I have is a 1.9 TDI Saloon with a 6 speed Manual transmission

From what I can see, it has the

double din Delta radio (CD player only)

grey leather heated seats

MFSW

Sun/Moon roof

Wood grain trim

Heated mirrors

I would like to decode the vin however I do not have the tag that most speak about on the rear of the car, if someone can assist I will be happy to supply the vin Number

Things that need attention:

The boost Issue

Seats/Hoodlining are a bit Tatty

A few dents all around the car

Future plans:

18'' OEM Wheels from the VAG stable

Lowered suspension

Stealth looking Sound ICE install with DVD players in the headrests for the Kids

Decat+SW+FMIC+CAI

Overall refresher on the car

Pics to follow
Last edited by Tristg01 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login