My OEM+ B5.5

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mat_vw
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

My OEM+ B5.5

Post by Mat_vw »

My OEM+ B5.5 VW Passat 1.9TDi 130pd Estate, how they should of come out of the factory.

So I have been on here a while now so thought I should put a post about the car.

Had her since Feb 2015 had full VW service history till I bought her. So I am guessing it had the front wings done under warranty but don’t have any paper work to prove so. But they are rust free.

Drove her around for the first year without doing anything, then engine mounts got so bad that every time you accelerated sounded like engine was hitting firewall.

Factory Xenon headlights, not as good a would think, they keep cloudy up. Need to be cleaned every year before MOT, started with sanding and sealing. But now use euros own headlight wipes they work really well, but does require sanding headlights first otherwise the wipes peal off.

So over the last two years done the following.

Rear callipers, disks and pads
Rear axle bushes
Engine mounts and snub
Cam-belt and auxiliary belts
Upper and lower arms
Thermostat and temperature sensors
Clutch and SMF - not the best idea but you get used to it.
Windscreen replaced
Boost pipe from Intercooler with green rings
Water bootle pump
Mostly common stuff that needs be done.

Mods:
Suspension: ST Suspension - 30/00mm, front springs and dampers, rear sport springs. As it’s a sport lowers it 30/15mm, front slightly lower than the back. Bit of a bargain off Ebay £150. Normally £450 kit. Slightly different setup to most on here.

Wheels:
Pheonix alloys with 225/45/17 tyres.

Engine:
EGR delete
Remap done by livewire remaps, 165bhp.

Brakes:
VW V6 312mm carriers with pagid disc and pads

She is a trusty old works horse. Never missed a beat. She is now over 200k and worth nothing to anyone else but I enjoy her.

Pics:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login