When you just can't leave it alone....

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

89forever
still on the production line

When you just can't leave it alone....

Post by 89forever »

Well the S5 was originally bought as a toy, I hadn't intended to use it for work but needs must. I started to feel bad putting loads of miles on her....

So she has been retired from daily use and a new daily hack has been acquired.

She is a 2012 VW Passat CC GT 170bhp TDi. Mechanically sound but the interior was disgusting and the paintwork battle scarred and poorly repaired in the past.
Mileage as bought was 113k with full service history. Cambelt within the last 12 months.
Wheels had seen more kerb action than a King's Road prostitute, so they needed a complete refurb. I went with a subtle silver smoke
Tyres all replaced with a matched set, spare was also refurbished for completeness.
With the wheels done, new centre caps were purchased, along with new nut covers, annoyingly the locking bolt was not compatible with the new covers, so a genuine set of locking bolts have been purchased (after this pic was taken)
Bonnet, front and rear bumper and boot lid all have evidence of poor paintwork in the past, the passenger side wing had a small ding.
paint literally fell of the parking sensors

She is currently being dismantled and is at the bodyshop, having the bonnet taken back to bare metal, the bumpers front and rear removed and dismantled and all paint stripped, as is the boot lid. My guy is thorough and he shares my hatred of masking lines, so she will come back as good as new.
I'm also having the roof, between the swage lines, painted gloss black as it works well on the CC (IMHO).

That was two weeks ago

This topic has 37 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login