B2 ESTATE, London to Monaco in aid of Help For Heroes

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

goldfingers
still on the production line
Passat model: B2 CL Estate

B2 ESTATE, London to Monaco in aid of Help For Heroes

Post by goldfingers »

Sirs Ma'ams Ladies & Gents,

Myself and a mate have just bought a Gold 1987 1.8 carb B2 Passat Estate for the princely sum of £150!! We felt we should say Hi to all on the UKPassats Forum :-h

The reason for the Passat is we are taking part in the Help For Heroes 'DrIvE Another Day' Banger Run.

The aim of the Banger Run is to raise money for Help for Heroes!! The Challenge is to Drive from London To Monaco between the 8th - 11th September this year passing through various James Bond Film locations including Zurich, The Swiss Alps, Furka Pass, Lake Como and Contra Dam to name a few.

There is one catch though the Car CANNOT cost more than £250!!

We have setup a Facebook page which will follow the progress of us preparing the the Passat to take on the 2000+ mile trip at http://www.facebook.com/GoldFingersBangerRun feel free to visit it and join in.
I will also be trying to keep or progress updated on the Passat Forum and where needed pick a few brains for hints tips or nuggets of wisdom.

We have a justgiving page to where we'll gratefully accept donations at http://www.justgiving.com/goldfingers

But our biggest task for now is to get the Passat road worthy, so far we have Crowsons Vw of Spalding agreeing to Store and MOT the Passat, but a list will more than likely fall out as to stuff that needs replacing or servicing items etc, and would like to hit some shows with it to raise some Money out in the VW Fraternity.

About me, Currently I own an A3 2.0TDI, Mrs' has a B7 a4 Estate and the toys, 3 Mk1 Golfs (2 Cabrios + 1 Tin Top Gti) so have plenty of spanner time with just those and Having had a love of all thing VW I felt that we could do no wrong with an retro ride like the Passat!!
I Live in Spalding Lincs, work For the RAF, So if anyone needs a Fully Gen VCDS (VAG-COM) Scan etc, I'm more than happy to help recode, retrofit and Fault Code read.

Thanks for your time,

Matt Wood
Last edited by goldfingers on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login