Camber Shims...

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lewiswilkinson
B2

Camber Shims...

Post by lewiswilkinson »

Bought some camber shims for the rear of my MK2 golf which i owned '2 cars ago'. Thought i would get about fitting them on the 'Ssat, and joy they are compatible as they bolt behind the wheel assembly in an almost wedge shape. I'm only going 1.5degrees, so nothing massive.

Couple of questions -

- Is 1.5 degrees going to make a noticable difference asthetically? Ive researched it and because its obviously FWD there apparently isnt a massive effect on tyre wear, but will it look much different to stock?

- Are the rear brake pipes flexi's on B3's? Obviously you have to disattatch the wheel assembly to bolt it inbetween that and the axle. I was hoping to get away without bleeding the brakes, but obviously if its a copper pipe then thats not gonna happen..

Thankies all :)

(ps - if the weather is good and i can get hold of the right tools expect to see some pics of the painted home-made debadged grille and some camber (on standard wheels as Azev's arrive on monday..) :)
'Anyway, everyone knows Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for wankers.'

This topic has 23 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login