Desperately need an instrument cluster!! HELP!!

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

Desperately need an instrument cluster!! HELP!!

Post by alpenweiss2 »

Hi there.

We own a B5 Passat and a VW T4 Transporter that has had a professional 1.9 TDI conversion!!

We are also permanently moving to France in a few weeks!!

My T4 is fitted with a set of clocks out of a B4 Passat Gl TDI. (VW part number = 3AO 919 930M). These clocks have an MFA display and digital clock/mileometer!!

Unfortunately the clocks were playing up and I thought it was an issue with the clocks not the wiring in the van so I sent them to a cluster repair company in Waterlooville called Cartronix! I would never use this company again and would advise people on this forum to avoid them like the plague. They failed to repair the cluster on two occasions and their customer service was terrible.

Anyway they somehow managed to ruin the MFA display on the cluster so that now the pixels are corrupted and there is so much shadowing the display is unreadable. This also affects the mileage lcd when the MFA is on certain settings.

They gave me a refund (minus postage!!) after i complained but I am left with faulty clocks!! :evil:

The annoying thing is that I have now traced the intermittent original fault with the clocks to a bad earth on the van!! So it is likely that there was nothing wrong with the cluster when I sent it off for repair!

I am desperate to source another set of these instruments before we move to France in October! I have hunted high and low on forums and Ebay, Gumtree and scrapyards but have had no joy!

If anyone has a set that they would sell me then I would be extremely grateful. My other option is to try replacing the dodgy MFA screen in my cluster for one out of a Corrado or Passat (if I could find one!!?)

Can anyone help? Cheers Alpenweiss2

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login