Passat B3 steering issue

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Peter1000
still on the production line
Passat model: B3

Passat B3 steering issue

Post by Peter1000 »

Hello again.
Having recently purchased my Passat estate I am trying to work through the problems I have noticed with it
Thank you for everyone's input on my last post.
I seem to have an issue with the steering. It seems a bit wooley. At high speed it almost seems like the wheels are trying to do their own thing and it just doesn't feel solid with a very light feel with little resistance when turning.
I have had people tell me "this is just how they feel to drive" but I find this hard to believe. I have owned Golf's and Jetta's in the past of a similar age and the steering always seemed to be pretty solid.
However, the Passat has been lowered so I am unsure what difference this would make if any?
I would hope it may be something simple like bushes and I haven't had the chance to get the thing jacked up and have a good tug on the wheels yet.
Can anyone else relate to this issue and suggest probable causes? It's a shame because apart from that it drives very smooth and solid

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login