B3/B4 TDi Radiator, the same?

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

VolksKid83
B2
Passat model: B3 GL, B5.5 2.0

B3/B4 TDi Radiator, the same?

Post by VolksKid83 »

Bit of a basic one guys, i'm just trying to organise a radiator for my 91 B3, which is running a 1Z TDi B4 engine.
When i bought the car, it had the B4 radiator and fan set up fitted, this was sat on the pegs on the lower cross member, however there was nothing supporting the top, it was just lent back on the starter motor... The top of the plastic fan mounting panel shows signs of brackets being sawn off the top? I cable tied the radiator so it was supported at the time and its been like it ever since.

As i need to buy a new radiator, i want to sort one that correctly bolts into place.

First question, how does a B3 radiator get fastened in?

Second, would my B3's original radiator (2.0 petrol) be the same size as the TDi one that had been fitted. (It seemed to have the correct B3 front cowling fitted).

Thirdly, are they hard to get hold of? I want to have one ordered so it arrives for the weekend, using the B4 TDi reg or entering the car details without the reg, Euro Car Parts and CarParts4Less (i know the same company) websites list no radiators. GSF's website lists one, but its only £30 which seems too cheap! I know i need to ideally ring around, but my work hours at the moment don't really allow for it!

Cheers fellas :-bd
03 B5.5 Passat 2.0 Wagon - Fathers
91 B3 Passat GL TDi Wagon -The Daily
91 Polo GT Coupe - Daily No.2
83 Polo Formel E Bready - The Waiting Project
81 Golf Cabby GLi - On the road project!
76 Triumph Stag - Home Weekend Car

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login