couple of questions for the experts

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

andi m
still on the production line
Passat model: b5.5

couple of questions for the experts

Post by andi m »

im having some issues with my car still and have not managed to locate the fault

firstly air bag codes 00588 , ive replaced the ring behind the sterring wheel and the fault code still returns, going in vag com block 001 , the first box flashes between too high and normal, turning the wheel and raising and lowering the coloum makes no difference, does any one have any ideas before i start a continuity on the wiring,

second one, bonnet open warning not working ,switch on bonnet lock works fine and ive tested it up the multiplug under the pas fluid cover, i have checked under carpets and the ccm is dry the wiring all looks fine , i have not stripped the insulation off the wires yet and i not sure which wire im tracing ,

third one is a odd one, the boot button on the drivers door shows contact in vag com but will not unlock boot, all wiring and locks in tailgate are checked and replaced,

lastly how does the middle button on the remote work, mine does nothing with the car in unlocked but the alarm beeps when the car is locked if u press it the alarm churps and allows access with the tailgate button and then locks the car again when the tailgate is shut, is this correct ,,

cheers

andi

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login