Post cruise control fit.......

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

wimblejon
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

Post cruise control fit.......

Post by wimblejon »

Hi all,
First post here - love the site and the forums.

Thanks to 64 Split for the great fitting instructions - and pictures. What amazes me, after today, is how the heck did he get those pictures? I had enough trouble fiddling about under the dash without trying to get a camera in there as well!

Anyway, I took the plunge and bought the retro fit cruise control (kit). I manage to get it all in place today (again, thanks to 64 Split) and put it all back together with the new indicator/c-c stalk. All appeared OK when the electrics went back on and so I thought I'd try the On/Off switch on the stalk - not expecting anything to happen - because the computer hasn't yet been reprogrammed.

I was slightly surprised to see the C/C symbol come up on the dash when I switched it on - which leads me to the question.....does the C/C symbol mean it'll be working or is the only real way to tell is to check if the computer setting is already active?

I'm due to do a bit of M25 tomorrow and I could, of course, give it a go - assuming no harm will come to me or the car.

Anyone, any ideas, experience?

Thanks,
Jon
(2002 1.9 TDI Sport Estate)

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login