Radweld et al

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ASpooner
B1
Passat model: B5.5 TDI SE

Radweld et al

Post by ASpooner »

Hi guys,

My heater matrix appears to have a small leak, probably resulting from when my oil cooler blew up. Anyway, you can smell coolant in the cabin, and the vents do mist the windscreen rather than clear it. My question to you is, is it ok to dump so radweld, Bar's stop leak, wynns, any other proprietary cooling system leak fixer (for want of a better term) into the cooling system? I personally cannot think of any reason that would make it worse, and I know it must seem a silly question, but you chaps know Passats better than I do!

I did have a leaky radiator on my Triumph 2000, and radweld helped with no detrimental effects on cooling, but that old Triumph is rather 'agricultural' compared to a Passat. So, experts, over to you.

Actually, worst case scenario, how much would you estimate to change the matrix (parts and labour time)?

Cheers,

Alex

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login