My headlight clean up....

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

boneybradley
B6
Passat model: B5 1.8t SE

My headlight clean up....

Post by boneybradley »

I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I will show my headlights clean up in pictures.. with all expense spared!

first take 1 set of badly scratched and dull lights

then rub down with 1500 wet and dry (halfords) using lots of water (this took me 10 minutes a side and I contiued until they felt smooth) This can be quite messy, and you'll need to wash them well after this and leave to dry!! At this point they will look cloudy...
like this

Then I used some meguires stage 2 paint cleaner (Its similar to most basic cleaners and t-cut will do the same job, if not better?) I applied this with my machine polisher with a medium sponge (A drill with a similar sponge would do the same) and ran over them for a few minutes using 2 speeds.
and this gave me

and to make them shine i used meguires stage 3 carbuna wax (something i had lying round the house!)
and i now have

Total cost 40p for the wet and dry...everything else if basic polishes that most people will have lying around? :cool:
Current Golf Mk3 Anni & VR6 owner!

This topic has 51 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login