water/coolent loss

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jrabkid
B1
Passat model: B5.5 1.9 PD 130

water/coolent loss

Post by jrabkid »

Hey all. Thanks for your help n other subjects but Im yet having another problem. Im experiencing quite a bit of water loss weirdly. Let me explain...

I would top up about 1-1/5 lietres of water daily which I know it quite a bit so I done a bit of trouble shooting. There doesn't seem to be a leak anywhere, outside the car or inside (lifted all the carpets) checked the oil levels they are still the same since the day I bought it with no milky residue under the cap and the car seems to be running fine. However, my temp hand rarely moves and if it does it goes to about 60-70 and then drops quite quick even while driving along. I was told that the temp hand could be the coolant temp sensor. I dont know but also the heaters just wouldn't be excellent in the car. Not bad but not hot hot type thing. Can anyone hazard a guess as to where on earth the water is going? I honestly have no clue.

Oh also pressure tested the water system to about 15 bar, and it stayed there for the duration of the test (15 mins). Tested the water bottle top and it was faulty, replaced with a brand new one from VW and its working fine but still no better. Im really stumped. Any help guys is greatly appreciated.

This topic has 23 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login