Egr blanking on the afn! DO IT!!!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

bauer
B3
Passat model: b5 afn remapped

Egr blanking on the afn! DO IT!!!

Post by bauer »

Pulled off the pipe and blocked it off b4 reconecting it and really chuffed i did the car takes around 2/3 miles longer to warm up now but im defo getting at LEAST 2mpg more than with it functioning! ive had it done for around a mth now and tend to drive the same routes weekly and my mpg is now up from mid to late 50's i, thought it could just be luck/coincedence so i unblocked the pipe and...lo and behold mid 50s was back! With the positives of not getting all that black sooty crud blocking the bloody thing u cant lose so DO IT!!!!
Originally i brought the car it was sitting on 55 mpg combined,now with a generic remap and the egr blanked its giving an EASY 58-60mpg and sitting steady at 60 ish mph she gives mid 60s over a 30 mile trip,dunno if this is normal for the afn but i dont drive for economy so im well chuffed,get it blocked,what u got 2 lose,if u dont like it unblock it!!!
(just a note... most of my driving is on main roads NOT around town!)

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login