B5.5 130tdi, Vibration after re-map

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Weble
B2
Passat model: B5.5 SE TDI

B5.5 130tdi, Vibration after re-map

Post by Weble »

Hi guys, hoping someone might be able to help me out on this!

Had my 2001 tdi130 re-mapped two weeks ago, now i've noticed a vibration, i don't believe it's a result of the re-map, more something that's come to light now it has more torque. I know these things are tricky to diagnose online but i'll try and describe it as best i can.

So, it's always between 1400 and 1800/1900ish RPM, Most prominent when in 5th gear (5 speed box) climbing a slight gradient when i put my foot down in that rev range. It can happen in lower gears, maybe 4th or 3rd but will pull though it faster. Not as bad when on flat surface but I can kinda feel it in 5th. Nothing in 1st or 2nd at all.

It feels like the same sensation you get if you start to wheel spin in a lower gear when you hoof it and it breaks traction, it's that kinda judder/bouncing sensation from the front.

The clutch doesn't feel to be slipping, and i'm a real steady driver so it's not something i get a lot. I'm thinking maybe flywheel? The flywheel doesn't make a sound otherwise. Or maybe a mount/bush? They did advise on the service that my droplinks are a little worn.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys
2001 Passat B5.5 TDI-130 SE

This topic has 31 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login