A.C problems - mine are well documented i know but

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dentist69
B3
Passat model: B6

A.C problems - mine are well documented i know but

Post by dentist69 »

It's really hard for me to not start this new thread. So please moderators bear with me :-bd

Please someone help I am getting desperate for a solution :(( :(( :((

Someone viewing this thread, must have experienced this before. I will start from beginning.

1st of all I had the car checked for A.C leaks, there were none so i purchased a Air Con' full service including anti-bac etc and it worked perfectly - for 24 hours :(

Later that week i found that the electric fan was not working so i had the electrics all checked out, to the cost of £60 had the wiring all changed out. Still need a new fan as through lack of use it is sticky. This is happening on Weds (1st July 2015 unless the AC is found to be unrepairable)

After above, i took it back to the ATS that did the AC service to find no gas in system at all, to their credit they topped me back up again and it has worked, up until now, approx 7 days later.

So, no leaks, sticky fan but works (I have been checking the fan has been running everytime i go out in the car!) The ONLY error codes are 4FA and 318 on the climatronic for which i have a new pressure switch ordered to which the 318 relates to.
BUT THE GAS IS ESCAPING VERY SLOWLY BUT IT IS ESCAPING AND THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF THIS!!! :(( :(( :((

It's really frustrating cos as well as it starting to become a money pit, i am no further forwards as to the cause of the problem ~x( ~x( ~x(
YOU KNOW WHEN YOU START SOMETHING

THEN IT BECOMES FRUSTRATING AND EXPENSIVE

AND YOU JUST WANT TO GET TO THE END ! ! !

This topic has 47 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login