think i have a boost leak but not sure

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Danm85
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

think i have a boost leak but not sure

Post by Danm85 »

So simce iv had my passat (about 2weeks now) iv not really felt like its as quick as i thought itd be, had loads of jap turbo cars in the past and theyve all been quite nippy,but the passat just seems lacking a bit. So i ordered a boost gauge not the most expensive but not the cheapest either,read all the articles on here and also on google and passatworld on how to install,where to tap into ie. The 6inch hose from intake manifold with the covering over it towards rear of the engine. Thought bonus all will be fine.plumbed it in last nite and needle sits at 0 when cars turned off as it should, however when car is idling both hot and cold needle sits at -30 vacuum, during normal slow town driving it will sit between 15-0 vacuum and if i hammer it in any gear itl only go up to 2 psi no higher. Whats your thoughts guys? Or what should i be checking? Thanks.
Passat b5 1.8t work in progress

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login