Front side loud rattle

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dweb
B2
Passat model: b5.5

Front side loud rattle

Post by dweb »

I had my 2005 AWX in for a service,front discs/pads, timing belt replacement,driver side cv joint and when I got it back,there`s a few noises which are doing my head in.I`m a complete novice so I don`t want to be fiddling with calipers and pads.
Noise 1-When I touch the brake pedal,there`s a slight clunk from driver side front wheel area,not everytime I hit the pedal but about 70% of the time.My "mechanic" said this could be a worn caliper carrier?

Noise 2-When I go over a pothole or small bump,there`s a quite loud rattle coming from the same area which sounds like a bag of spanners is stuck on the plastic belly pan.I`ve had the wheel off and shook everything I could and all seems tight(passed MOT 4 weeks ago) but as I said,I`m a noob!
My "mechanic" prefers easier jobs and not really getting into the nitty gritty and I`d like to sort this myself anyway.

2 possibles causes I`ve read online,are:-
Loose steering rack bolts and loose pads/calipers.

All possible causes and solutions are welcome.
Thanks
Last edited by dweb on Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
2005 AWX 1.9TDi

This topic has 26 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login