Alarm and fan problems

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

davelittlewood
Passat model: B8 1.5T B SE

Alarm and fan problems

Post by davelittlewood »

Hello,

04 plate TDI130 saloon, 98k.

About 4 weeks ago the alarm started to sound about 1 to 2 minutes after locking the car with the button on the key fob.
About 1.5 weeks ago I noticed that the lights did not flash after locking the car BUT the alarm stopped going off.

This morning at 4:30 the alarm went off again %-( . Unlock, lock. 2 mins later it went off again so I left it.
Alarm finally stopped but then went off again about 1 minute later.
I unlocked the car, went and opened the drivers door, shut it and then went back to bed (so it wouldn't auto arm).

This morning I checked the unit in the passengers footwell (as that had previously been soaked due to the poo seal round the heater inlet which got fixed about 5 years ago).
It was all bone dry.
I took the unit out to have a look but there was no signs of corrosion on the circuit board so I put it all back together.

We have now removed the alarm sounder unit from under the bonnet (fun job...) so even if the alarm goes off it won't wake us up.

Now when the car starts up the auxiliary fan runs even when he AC is off...
When I first started the car the outside temperature sensor said -5C and then rapidly came up to 9C (which is about right)

Can we still buy new alarm sounder units?

I have no VAGCOM so can't post any error codes.

I can't imaging that removing the alarm would cause the auxiliary fan to run???

I need to find out what's making the alarm sound and why the fan start running.

Any ideas guys?

We'll take the car to the independent VW garage next week but would prefer to avoid the VW tax if possible.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login