gremlins in the doors

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

G_ridebob
Passat model: B5.5

gremlins in the doors

Post by G_ridebob »

hi guys its my first post on here
i bought justins b5.5 last week and im over the moon its an absolute beast and runs smooth as silk
however.. i noticed the other night that when i openned the drivers door fully the ilumination went off on the drivers door.. loose molex or summat i thought ill sort it when i jam some speakers in it
checked all the plugs and connectors to no avail so went full on sparky on it de-loomed the whole door loom to find the can wires had snapped aswell as a few other wires split no sign of anyone being in there before totaly virgin loom and door :-s so i put it down to the door being opened and closd thousands of times over the years and cold weather
fixed all the wires tested for continuity all bang on so re loomed the lot
wicked i thought... nope got another problem now

the drivers door doesnt put the dome light on when openned also the puddle lights arent illuminatinating same on the back drivers side door it was all fine before even with the broken can wires now nada

checked the door lock micro switch i know these can be a bit of a pain thats good too didnt check the rear one as it started raining and it was cold as hell

just been out after some head scratching and tested the puddle lights with my probe

front drivers door is showing permenant on one side and on the other pin its 12v when closed :-bd but when the door is open it shows no earth showing around 3-4v dirty earth maybe? ~x(

rear drivers door shows same as above but when opened its showing around 10v very dirty earth ~x( ~x( ??

also tonight when i locked the car the indicators didnt flash usually a door pin switch or bonnet pin right?
did get some water in the boot pannel due to the washer jet popping off lugage comp. open message while driving for a breif moment... then fine after that could that be the non flashing indicator issue
doesnt flash on deadlock either does on unlock tho 2 flashes all ok there if you lock three times in a row the drivers lock pops up all others stay down and the alarm stays on wtf??

my other question is do the door modules need reprograming to the car as i had the drivers front door one unplugged for around an hour i dont have access to vag com till monday but im loosing sleep over this now

thanks in advance for any help guys im on my bum here

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login