new passat problems :(

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

S13dr1fter
still on the production line
Passat model: B5 STEALTH WAGON

new passat problems :(

Post by S13dr1fter »

hey,
its a shame it has to be my first proper post but im having some serious trouble with my new car.

its Kaliboys black Tdi. Afn engine with vagcom remap. it started when i drove it home on the weekend i bought it unfortunately.

symptoms:-

when i started the car it would drive fine for 5 mins or until i gave it some beans in anything above 3rd, the revs get to about 2k and then pfffft, the boost just dissapears the more i go up the gears and it feels like a non turbo IF THAT. feels more like 40bhp. When i turn it off for 5 mins and stat it again it repaets the problem again.
today i fitted some new bits to eliminate it but i has made no difference so thats money wasted :(
Instead i went to test it, parked up and revved it to redline quickly and as i let off it decided to die completely, it wouldnt start straight away so i left it for another min and it started up. In general it seems to be getting worse. ~x(

the turbo has some in and out play, side to side is about the same, maybe a little less but i presume the increase in oil pressure will remove the side to side play. It is quite noisey when it spools up or down, its got a cone filter on so im not sure if its that or a buggered turbo.

ive plugged the diagnostics in and it read the Map sensor had an incorrect reading, the Maf air intake temp read 33 degrees on idle with the bonnet open and about -2 outside. so we though it was MAP or maf.

i have replaced the MAp sensor (new), MAF and Boost control valve from a front ended passat.
As far as im aware there arent any boost or vacuum leaks.

im new to diesels so im completely lost and im pulling my hair out as i need a reliable working car.

any help is appreciated

cheers guys
Steer From The Rear!!!!! FWD's for queers haha

This topic has 22 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login