Electrical Strangeness

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Electrical Strangeness

Post by Mindriot »

Hi folks, first post here.

Glad to find a resource like this, just bought a 97 SE TDi 110PS saloon at auction and for the most part its been a real find, much much younger condition than it should be for its age, someones looked after it best they can, no major rust anywhere even underneath, and a bonus to find a full set of well set up Raceland adjustable coil-overs which was very bemusing on a diesel but very likeable indeed!

Car has 168K miles but pulls well, does not smoke and so far is doing excellent mileage on par for the ideal mileage quoted for the vehicle.

Ive only had the car a week and just been learning the car and figuring out its servicing requirements so far.

Im posting to ask for some help tracking down some issues electrical, I would really appreciate some assistance :

The car has an intermittent fault which knocks out the central locking from responding to the key fob. at the same time this occurs the JVC head unit reports a mis-wiring fault on its display. When this occurs the door handle lock/unlock switches function as normal.

Seperately, from the drivers door by key the central locking will open all locks when the key is turned but it does not close all locks by key turn, only the drivers door.

Also from time to time the head unit cannot pick up anything on the aerial whereas sometimes it can as normal, the aerial fault I cannot yet tell if its related to the central locking/head unit fault.

All the interior lights do not function, had them all out and all bulbs ok and all connectors look ok, even boot light.

Some other factors, theres a broken pin on the sensor connector for the boot lock catch, not found a replacement part yet and Im wondering if its related to the locking fault.

I have checked visibly and with a meter and all fuses check out ok.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login