Opinions wanted - should I just get it done??

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

Roylewaa
B3
Passat model: B5 TDI 110

Opinions wanted - should I just get it done??

Post by Roylewaa »

Got put onto a chap who runs his own garage by my bro (he's a good mate of his aswell so bonus)

Anyway i'm going to see him tomorrow to arrange getting my cambelt and waterpump done, He does all the jobs for the local taxi lads aswell so can work on Passats in his sleep :D

Should I just swallow my b@llocks and get my head gasket done aswell?

At the moment im just getting overpressure in the coolant system which is venting coolant out the bottom of the header tank, I have a coke bottle attached via hosepipe and at the moment its pretty much filling it every 3-4 days, no other symptoms at all

My thinking when the cambelt is getting done it might as well get done aswell, my only concern is something like a cracked head gonna rear its ugly head, whats the chances of that on a afn 110 thats covered 190k, its never overheated so hope the head wont need skimming, but also dont want to have to look for another head halfway through the job, can a cracked head be skimmed, or if its cracked its a gonner?

Really love some opinions on this, cheers in advance

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login