Brake travel

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Blackedmagic
B2
Passat model: B5

Brake travel

Post by Blackedmagic »

Hi All,

My car failed it's MOT the other day on all number of things. One of them was the rear calipers. One side showed no efficiency at all and the other was leaking brake fluid. My mechanic changed both rear calipers for new items, using the same discs and pads as they were still in good order.

I've got the car back, and there is a lot of travel in the brake pedal. I took it back to him, and he has bled the brakes again, which hasn't really improved matters.

He said to give it a week, and if it's the same he will have a look into what could be causing it.

All I know is that the brakes felt fine before going in. I know there was a problem with the handbrake, because the light was always on, but the pedal when driving felt fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem, or is it likely to improve over a bit of time and can be blamed on it being new brakes??

Its a Sharan BTW, not my trusty old B5.

Thanks.
MY98 B5 TDi

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login