I think I've damaged my engine

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Andy_O
B6
Passat model: B5 1.8 20VT

I think I've damaged my engine

Post by Andy_O »

I changed my oil a month ago and last week I checked it and it was thick and black, so as I had planned to change the belts I added engine flush additive to the oil ad ran the engine for a while.

The timing belt change went well, timing was out by a tooth on the cam end, corrected it and coupled the engine back. Drove back home and the engine was noisy, but I thought it was the additive. So on Sunday, I changed the oil and filter, the oil in the filter felt like it had sand particles in it. I thought nothing of it and came home. Drove to work today and the car sounds and feels rough. The engine rattles like it is starved of oil and there is little or no boost. On the plus side, my oil is still clean, whereas it would have been going black by now.

Apart from checking the sump, what else could it be? I've done 47miles since the additive and I'm worried I might have damaged the engine in some way.

It's a 1.8 turbo AEB engine.

Thanks for your help.

Andy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Andy_O

RIP Black Mamba
1.8 20VT Wagon|FMIC|Tints| Jom Coilovers|Kamei Grille| Bonnet Bra| Audi TT N75 Valve| Forge DV|Cat back Exhaust| Remapped by CCTech
[Proud member of the WAGON MAFIA]
Soon to be replaced by Black Mamba II (B6 Wagon)

This topic has 73 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login