Clicky Drivers seat

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Weble
B2
Passat model: B5.5 SE TDI

Clicky Drivers seat

Post by Weble »

Hey guys, this is a pain in the bum issue with my 2001 B5.5. (No pun intended)

Me being a fatty, suffer with a problem of the drivers seat clicking under my bum! Usually when pulling away or stopping even if driving steady. My girlfriend don't get the problem because she's not a fatty like me.

Now i've tried to find where the sound is coming from which as you can imagine is difficult as it's hard to replicate parked up, and if i get out the seat at look underneath i dont stand a chance of replicating the sound.

I had a problem like this on a Sierra year's ago, it needed the base mounting/subfame bolts tightening.

I don't want to go spannering up every single nut n bolt i can find under there just incase.

So i'm asking if any, more experienced Passat owners have had the same issue, if there is a common reason for it that's easy to find and fix when you know where to look? And before you say it, yes, i'm trying to loose weight :hyst :oops:

It's not a big deal, but rather annoying clicking all the time

Thanks
2001 Passat B5.5 TDI-130 SE

This topic has 33 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login