First oil change complete!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Joneslt
still on the production line

First oil change complete!

Post by Joneslt »

I've been looking into getting my car serviced, but after seeing the brilliant guide posted by ct.p I thought I'd at have a go at changing the oil and filter myself. I'm an office worker who now feels like a formula 1 mechanic - I've even got grubby nails to match!

Decided to buy millers 506.01 oil and a filter from Halfrauds. 2 hours later I'm done!!!! A lot of the mechanics will probably mock the time its taken but hey I did it.

Shame VW put the poxy undertray on - would have taken a fraction of the time if I didn't have to wrestle with the plastic fixings. Best of all I've got some left over :lol:

I'll now order a fuel & air filter and pop them on next week - also checking theres no leaks from the oil change.

This said, would still like dizzydiesel to come down to the W.mids to change the cambelt - perhaps bobman and me can convince him with the spondoolies!

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login