car juddering

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

decbro

car juddering

Post by decbro »

hi i have a 2002 passat 130 sport just turned 210,000 miles ,2 weeks ago when i was on holiday i had a problem with my car,it had run lovely towing my caravan down to Bridport from Birmingham on the friday,and run well on the saturday then on the sunday i was on a nice bit of road put my foot down and the car started juddering really badly never experienced this before! so eased off and stopped in a layby swicthed off the engine looked round the car couldnt see anything wrong, so started up again and it ran alright,next morning i started the car up to go out for the day, it started straight away as usual bit was running lumpy as if on 3 cylinders and the esp light was lit,i drove it a few miles and switched the ignition off and back on and it was ok again,this happened every day it would start off very rough but after about 7 or 10 miles swicthing the engine off then back on again cured it,i googled the problem and keep hearing people say the wiring loom is at fault,i removed the rocker cover the weekend and checked the wiring out from end to end with a meter and there were no breaks in the wiring,i have since changed some of the diesel pipes with clear hoses because it seemed more like a fuel problem to me! then i noticed tonight when i started the engine there was no wooosh noise which i always used to get when turning the ignition on,i know theres a tandam fuel pump on these diesel passats but when ive seached on this forum and the internet i have had confusing results! as to whether or not there is another pump located in the fuel tank with the sender unit called a lifting pump? so could it be this secondry pump that is giving me this problem ?if it was the wiring loom that was at fault it would judder all the time and not run ok when warmed up because a broken wire cannot reconect it self can it,any body got any ideas please

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login