clutch burn after remap...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mrvillicus
B5
Passat model: B5.5 AWX PD130

clutch burn after remap...

Post by mrvillicus »

Last week I put a blacksmoke remap on my b5.5 and now the turbo whistles more than it did and the clutch gets really hot and smells of burning when I drive it, I'm not that concerned but I wondered if anyone else had experienced this? The car has done 190,000 and I don't know if and when the clutch has been replaced, I knew before the remap it needs changing as the bite point is really high but now with the extra power I'm a bit worried. It doesn't slip much in any gear, only slightly when climbing a hill from standstill etc

I'll need to change the clutch soon anyway and I was considering a single flywheel conversion but unfortunately I'm too poor to afford it, so like a plank I'm considering just changing the clutch as I saw a sachs one on ebay for around £105 and the flywheel feels ok, no pedal judder or noise. I wish I could find out if the DMF has ever been changed :(

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login