Rain has upset something

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Goblin
B1
Passat model: '12 Avensis Est

Rain has upset something

Post by Goblin »

As the title says. It's been hacking it down all of yesterday and today here, and earlier on my alarm randomly blew. I thought nothing of it as it was also really windy.

But I noticed as I was driving to a friends this evening that it was telling me the boot was open, and it was flickering and constantly beeping to the point I ended up blasting hte stereo just to drown it. Got to where I was going, and within two minutes the alarm went, then it went again a couple of minutes later, and again until I decided to just leave it unlocked.

Left it for a few hours and I've just driven home, the boot open light remained on, but it was more solid this time and only beeped once - I also noticed that the light in the luggage compartment remains on. Got home and before I was at the end of my drive, the alarm blew again and continued to do so. I've had to just disconnect the battery now.

It had a new tailgate latch / microswitch from TPS a few months ago, could it be that again?

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login