Urgent assistance required - please help.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

williamraff
B1
Passat model: b5.5

Urgent assistance required - please help.

Post by williamraff »

Hi folks - my Wife has just called and said that she has lost all drive in the Passat - it will go into gear with the engine switched off but not when it is running and there is no drive in any gear!

The car has been running 100% no problems but tonight she said it just went bang and she lost drive?

The problem is - she is stuck outside Killingbeck Asda in Leeds in the middle of some roadworks - I am hoping that the Highways Agency will not be working tomorrow - Easter Sunday.

Is anyone in the area able to offer assistance -tow or recovery -we live half a mile away off York Road? Failing that does anyone know where i should be looking to try and restore drive or what might be necessary by means of repair?

As above - there has been no warning - no clutch slip and the gearbox was silent but she says the gearbox is making an awful noise when she tries to set off but nothing else - could it really be complete and catastrophic gearbox failure without any warning?

Any and all responses are gratefully received.

Thanks, Will.

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login