Alternator workshop!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

damers_2000
B1
Passat model: CC GT TDi

Alternator workshop!

Post by damers_2000 »

As above, I keep getting this flashing at me on the dash also with the battery light.

This all happened while I was on my holiday down in Wales so had no choice but to go to the dealers who fitted me a new alternator, however the problem persisted after this was fitted so they gave me a full refund.

I'm now back home having ended my holiday early as we took the caravan down. I had a diagnostics done on it this morning but nothing was found so the mechanic "updated" the ecu and said it may work as it may of just been a glitch. I have just been out now to start it and its beeping and flasing alternator workshop at me.

The mechanic who did the diagnostic reckons its the ECU that's fried but the car is mechanically sound, the only problem is the flasing text and the beep.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong before I trade the car in as an ecu is quite expensive, £1000 apparently.

At least its not raing in yorkshire unlike wales!!

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login