Black Stuff on Estate boot?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

bbg404
B3
Passat model: B5.5

Black Stuff on Estate boot?

Post by bbg404 »

Hello again it seems to be getting worse so I thought I best start looking in to it!

Basically I've got a low mileage (sub 80k) B5.5 Estate 130 Tdi which I've had for ages and can see me keeping it for ever till it dies just hope that's not anytime soon basically I've had it remapped with a black Smoke remap and EGR removed about 2 year ago then last year I had a decat fitted serviced more than it needs and never thrashed

I noticed at the back end of last year I seemed to be using a bit more oil and water so just kept an eye on it and topped it up well the water usage seems to have stopped but I'm still topping the oil up every couple of weeks depending on where I drive but what I do notice is after I good long drive when I go to clean the car the back of the car is covered in black sutty oily stuff

I know diesels puff out some smoke and I'm fine with that but is this where my oils going?

If so why?

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login