Drivers door window regulator

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

quest63
B1
Passat model: B5

Drivers door window regulator

Post by quest63 »

Recently my drivers door window winding mechanism failed and it was diagnosed by my mechanic as the regulator. Basically it wouldn't power up or down and wasn't holding itself up in the frame very well.

I ordered a new regulator from ebay cheap I guess at £17 but with a 5 year guarantee and it came from the same place 3 of my replacement door catch mechanism solenoids came from, which also carried a long guarantee.

To begin with it worked but was slow, slower than the original p/s one. No biggie I thought but after a couple of days it started screeching loudly when going up or down.

So basically I don't know if I have a poor replacement part or if the mechanic did a bad job. Perhaps incidentally perhaps not the replacement door catch mechanism and puddle light no longer work in as much as I'm continually getting the alarm going off when I've turned off the internal sensors for the dogs. I wont bother you with the details but the mechanics work hasn't been perfect previously but hes been somewhat accommodating to my severe lack of time. He isn't being helpful in looking at it again either. looking at another identical regulator it looks like the bit of the regulator which must attach to the motor can be spun round on its axis multiple times but the cable seems fixed. Perhaps its twisted twisted so cant work properly. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login