Aftermarket headlight wiring help.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chaztagram
Passat model: B5

Aftermarket headlight wiring help.

Post by chaztagram »

Hi all,

I'm new around here :-h and have just purchased a lovely green B5 estate 1.8T from a local enthusiast.
The previous owner had taken great care of the car and made some modifications to it, one of which being aftermarket headlights.

Here is a link to the lights fitted, and just in case, a photo should the ebay advert disappear.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RING-HEADLIG ... SwY9pdvTbq

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some pointers as to how I can get the 3 LED lamps and Halo rings to work as Daytime running lights (DRLs)?
I am an electrician by trade so well acquainted with connections etc but its more of an issue of what to connect to.
I thought about connecting to the sidelights, although the idea of DRLs are that they don't need switching on/off. Also if I connected to an ignition live from somewhere then they will run in tandem with the headlights when they are switched on which I believe is generally frowned upon?

Essentially I am just looking for a bit of help, hopefully from someone who has fitted/connected these themselves.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Charlie.

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login