Water ingress...still! Done all the usual bits, however....

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

janski
B1
Passat model: B5.5 TDi wagon
Location: Ramsbottom....YES, it is a real place. North Mancunia.

Water ingress...still! Done all the usual bits, however....

Post by janski »

....its not one of the usual suspects.

Hi all,

2005 B%.% TDi estate Highline.

Firstly, done the plenum unplugging when first got the car, the ECU gasket reseal, resealed the pollen filter (butyl tape) and all doors (window regulator perimeter seals) have either been resealed or in good order and do not leak at all. Also, bonnet pull cable grommet in good order.

Secondly, looked in the FAQ's, How to section, Google'd the current issue to no real answer for the continued water ingress.

The carpet is currently completely out of the car and dried out. I've hosed the car down to check for leaks and I've localised it to under the drivers dash.

Drips are evident behind the pedal assembly, on the bulkhead which is at an angle. Directly below where the steering column goes the bulkhead.

Has anyone had this issue? Possible gasket/seal failure around the column/bulkhead junction?

Anyone please, as its driving me bonkers?

Off shortly to strip lower dash on drivers side to investigate further.

j :roll:
Clicky below for BugNutz, North Manchester & area VW Klub website thingy.....
http://www.bugnutz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .........the award winning club!....;)

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login