Driver's door/luggage compartment warning light while driving

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

donbenjy
Passat model: B5.5

Driver's door/luggage compartment warning light while driving

Post by donbenjy »

2005 B5.5 1.9D estate
So I just replaced a completely flat battery (no immobiliser, no clock on dash) after not driving since the start of the lockdown.

When I took it on a quick run to keep everything moving the "driver's door open" and "luggage compartment open" warnings are flickering on and off intermittently, sometimes multiple times a second! I know that the door and the boot are firmly closed. Now it won't stay locked because it thinks the door or boot are being opened!

I had this issue around 4 years ago, and found a damp but not flooded CCM at the time. I can't remember what changed to fix it the last time, but I know I spent a ton of time pulling door panels off and on to investigate microswitches, etc. I don't want to do that again without some idea of what could be causing the problem.

It seems too coincidental that it's occurred right after changing the battery, and it's not been raining much, so I highly doubt it's water in the footwell around the CCM.

Any ideas?? Could I have knocked something in the engine bay while changing the battery?

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login