folding mirrors on passat b5

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jaques
Passat model: b5 glx

folding mirrors on passat b5

Post by jaques »

good morning, fellow friends!
I'm new here but I feel at home haha
friends I have a passat v6 year 99 possibly GLX (I don't remember where I had seen it was glx)

It is the following friends I love this car and I am that person who likes the super complete car, and the passat are complete but many are missing options and in my case here he is missing some things like electric and heated seats, photochromic mirrors with sensor rain and light, automatic pilot among others ... and little by little I put it, so much so that here in Brazil it is difficult to find these pieces and when you find them in passat donors (scraps) they charge very expensive.

It turns out that two weeks ago I discovered that the mirror has an electric motor for bouncing and has the wiring both in the mirror whip and in the whip that goes down to the glass module, I just didn't have the button with the bending option but I bought it an original OEM with all the features! I tested the mirrors by putting 12V and they do open and close so the engines are ok. however it does not work, even with all the original lashes, buttons they do not close or open with the button. so i started searching on the internet about, and many forums explain but they are from golf mk4; let; jetta ... for passat i found 1 post here on this forum UKpassat but as far as i understand the passat of the guy who posted here his has everything working but he wants it to work by remote control when closing the car.
in the golfmk4 forums people say there are 4 ways to make it work ...

1 - have your own window modules in hand that already come with the folding memory whose machines for the passat have to be the codes 1c0 959 801- driver and passenger 1c0 959 802 A. The complete button with the folding option and engine mirrors. HAVING THESE ITEMS WILL WORK WITH THE ORIGINAL WIRING.

2 - with the electric mirrors and the button with a folding option, you buy a relay 361 and also a relay 79 of the audi a4 and make the changes in the wiring, you even have to make a change in the mirror button, even if it contains the option hitting ...

3 - this option is the most difficult that for me is impossible, being to buy the pair of window modules that have missing the bounce memory and after that to buy the virgin memory, connecting it on an eprom platform to do the binary recording and then soldering it to the window module plate.

4 - and finally the last option which is a universal mode that here in Brazil is the option that reigns first haha
universal connection ... plug the wiring of the mirrors and a second universal button and a 4-pin auxiliary relay and thus the mirrors will work.

As I said I like to see everything working as the original and the mirrors I would like to see them work at least on the original button but for that, I didn't want to have to open this button and make the change because it runs the risk of damage it, then option 4 would be the last one for me ... option 3 is impossible!
Option 2 would be nice because I found it here in Brazil, to buy relay 361 for a price until relevant and relay 79 also in this method would have to change the button also to get the negative sign and that would be risky too ... and option number 1 which is the easiest but here in brazil it is very rare to find these glass modules whose code would have to be exactly as requested, and on ebay i have a problem with shipping because the sellers, the vast majority do not send to Brazil...

the reason I don't want to open the hitting button and make the appropriate change is because of the amount I paid for it here in Brazil, everything that is OEM has an increased value in the heights ... (I bought the original OEM HIT BUTTON because I thought that THE PARALLELS WERE FALSE THE HIT OPTION) And with that I am thinking of buying a button with folding on aliexpress that has very good value and make the number 4 connection that I mentioned the universal because the others I will never get :(
I even thought that there was a way to configure the glass module by VAG-COM vcds but he doesn't access the doors option, maybe because mine doesn't have ... and with that, there isn't much alternative.

Anyway friends I wanted to make a post that would clarify this doubt once and for all but I don’t have much resource for parts because in Brazil, there were not many passports with these options ... but what I do in mine I will post here for you because even today in the middle of 2020 i know that there are many crazy hikers to put this optional haha ​​and if someone who has already put it in some other way and wants to give a tip feel free would be very welcome to help !!

as it’s my first time posting here on this forum i’ll try to post pictures of the updates I’m doing on the mirrors ...
I apologize if there was a spelling mistake because I am using a translator and it may be that at some point I used some giria and the translation is not perfect.
thanks