5 Speed Auto 9a Gearbox Oil Change/Flush

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

iain67
B5.5
Passat model: B5.5 4mo + T5

5 Speed Auto 9a Gearbox Oil Change/Flush

Post by iain67 »

Not sure if this was fitted to the Passat or not? However it is fitted to Golf/Bora models, it's a Jatco / Aisin Warner box, the factory say fluid is filled for life (where have we heard that before?) so I got the correct spec oil Mobil 3309 (it's not the same spec as normal ATF) and decided it was time for change after 18 years of service. So what I did was undid the red security cap from the fill plug, undid the 24mm drain plug and dropped out 3.35 litres of oil and refilled with 3.35 litres of new oil, I intend to do this again after 1000 miles as it's not possible to drain it completely neither is it easy to change the filter, the hardest part was messing with the rather busted undertray. So after a test drive into to town and back I now have a much improved shifting auto box. can't wait to do it again the colour of the old fluid was brown with a reddish tint when put onto a clean white paper towel, not burnt which is good news. It doesn't smell gross like manual box or diff fluid either, mega bonus!!!

So there you go hope it helps someone.
4 Motion 1.9 Tdi Estate T2000 Map, Upper Brace, Xenons, Silicone Vac Pipes, 312mm Front Brakes
Fwd Sport 1.9 Tdi Estate T2000 Map, Eibach Pro Springs, Upper and Lower Braces, Xenons, Silicone Vac Pipes Gone But Not Forgotten.........