Tyre Wear??

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

Tyre Wear??

Post by alpenweiss2 »

Hello folks.

We have a 1999 Passat Wagon which is a 110 bhp model 1.9tdi, but it does run a Blacksmoke chip.

I always buy decent quality tyres for it, so not real cheap ones, but not Michelin's either. (Midrange like Nexen, Yokohama, Firestone etc).

We live in a very rural part of France in an area which has lots and lots of narrow winding roads. These are the norm and a straight stretch of road is unusual. The roads are also mountainous so lots of up and down driving.

I am pretty concerned with front tyre wear. I am sure the tracking is fine as the car runs straight and true and doesn't veer off on a straight and smooth road if you let go of the steering wheel for a second or so.

The front tyre on the drivers side has worn out on the outside edge. The other side is not so bad.

Had a pair of new Nexen tyres fitted to the car last July at a mileage of 185,986. The car has no covered 194,465 and the fronts need replacing. That's only 8479 miles which seems terrible to me?

Do you think there is a problem or is is just the challenging roads we are constantly driving on?

The rears wear much slower and have currently done 14,000 miles. Any thoughts?

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login