Top up levels

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

JOHNTYWYN
still on the production line
Passat model: 1.6TDI BLUEMOTIO

Top up levels

Post by JOHNTYWYN »

What does Adblu do for the Passat. I have never heard of the stuff until I was looking through the handbook. It seems that it needs topping up via the boot during services. But how can you check it on routine home routines ? I have never seen it on sale in the U.K., but did notice recently it was on sale in a Calais service station.

My expansion tank for the radiator is on a level right alongside the minimum mark. I am not really bothered because my temperature remains static when warmed up at 90*. But the instructions for topping up involve mixing distilled water and a special anti freeze manufactured by VW. A little more complex than adding undiluted anti freeze !!

My oil temperature guage varies quite a lot, I think it normally shows 217 * but as yet have not seen any figures to indicate what is normal.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login