About to order a new R-Line - a few questions

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

kmpowell

About to order a new R-Line - a few questions

Post by kmpowell »

Morning all

Newbie here who's about to pull the trigger on a brand new Twincharged TSi R-Line Estate! I've managed to negotiate a healthy 13% discount on top of VW's 'no brainer' 3yr interest free credit offer, so all I need to do is decide on the options!

With the R-Line being based on the S, it's not as well equipped as the Highline/Sport, however I don't want to chuck money at stuff that will have no residual effect. The options I will 100% be ticking are Parking Sensors F&R, Cruise Control and the manual side rear blinds. These are must haves for me, so my questions surround my other nice to haves:

1. RCD310 is standard, is the 510 a worthwhile upgrade? Do you get anything extra apart from a touchscreen? As long as the amp and MMI connectors in the car are the same I'm happy to stick with the 310, but I don't want to miss out on key features for the sake of a few hundred quid.
2. Adjustable Lumbar Support. The car will spend most of its life ferrying a new born, dog (whippet lurcher), gf and all the shizzle that goes with those three, on long 300mile round trips. With that in mind comfort is a must. The R-Line gets the standard seats with no option to upgrade to the comfort or sports seats. However the lumbar support is an option. My question therefore is how comfortable are the standard seats? Should I tick the £150 lumbar/height option?
3. Dual Zone - worthwhile, or am I best saving the c£500 and sticking with the standard Air Con?
4. Convenience Pack - same as No 3
5. Given your experience, anything else you would say is a 'must have'?

Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by kmpowell on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login