Repairing a bumper??

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

stig414
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Repairing a bumper??

Post by stig414 »

Do you think it is a viable option to repair a bumper that has suffered damaged from an badger strike? The n/s lower corner took all the impact resulting in broken fog/drl, broken lower centre and n/s grill, and also the n/s undertray. The bumper has split all the way through at its thinnest edge under the light unit. It is a clean break but obviously not a perfect line. When you push the bumper back into line, all you see is a fine line and tbh would be hardly noticeable. The main issue being whether I could get it to hold together. I will replace the other damaged parts but the bumper will be expensive when painting is taken into consideration.
I'm not thinking of the insurance route at the moment as I'd prefer to remain claim free unless I can avoid it. I have pictures but am not skilled in "uploading". Luckily enough the lower centre grill broke when a hare decided to commit suicide one night and I hadn't got it changed otherwise it would be grill number two!!

Daz

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login