B7 Passat Clock Spring

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Oskar1308
Passat model: B7

B7 Passat Clock Spring

Post by Oskar1308 »

Hi all and thank you for allowing me to join your page.

Quick and simple issue i hope, my dear Passat developed a few faults all in one go, Air bag Fault, Air Bag warning Light on, Horn not working, and Multi function buttons not working, so called AA out an he was quite a knowledgeable chap and instantly told me it was a clock spring/slip spring fault and these were common, so I have ordered a genuine oem part and intend to swap it out myself as I have the correct tooling etc, the only part in which i fail is I have no software to "code" the new unit.

Now if it is a exact part no. unit change, will I actually need to code the new unit to the car or will it just work? I know the Air bag fault will need clearing either way.

Also any recommendations of any one to code (if req) and clear air bag fault code near Nottingham who can come to me? Happy to pay in these uncertain times.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Barbara

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login