3 beeps of death/ multiple faults all down to one fuse!

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

johnbullas
Passat model: B7

3 beeps of death/ multiple faults all down to one fuse!

Post by johnbullas »

Now it transpires fuse position 13 in one of the 4 or 5 fuse boxes my car (2012 passat) was responsible for manifesting "the three beeps of death"... Viz, on turning the ignition on I was greeted with the beeps, flashing ABS, TPMS, TCS, Handbrake warning lights, no way to open the boot, no power steering ... Ad. nauseam.

Now fuse 13 also powers, wait for it..... the diagnostic socket, so in looking to see why we had no power to the ODB reader, we fixed all the Mighty Wurlitzer effects, they disappeared leaving only a legacy U0121 to purge.

I then used my mobile phone, an Xtrons Bluetooth ODB interface module and Torque Pro software to grab and reset the fault codes

https://www.troublecodes.net/ucodes/u0121/?from=torque

U0121 – Data bus: anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module – no communication (see below)

Thank you to my neighbour who rucked up with an old skool ODB reader to check the lack of power to the port.

Thus, Fuse 13 powers

Light switch
Selector lever
ABS control unit*
Handbrake warning light
Diagnostic connector

*And anything to do with the ABS system thereby opens a Pandora's Box of Three Beep-Ness

Total fix cost? 10p for a fuse to eradicate what I thought was at least a defective wheel rotation sensor... No expensive trip to a garage!

Shame no fuses spare in any of the myriad slots! Amazon Prime delivers while a swap out from position?? gets me mobile!

This is the Mighty Wirlitzer dashboard I experienced:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10EGJlq ... sp=sharing

Cheers

Dr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login